I’ve had the honor of finding a couple comments on my page nominating me for awards in the past couple days! I have also received a couple other ones throughout my blogging period and am in the process of accepting them. Again, thank you so much for your readership and support. It means a lot to me that people care to pay attention to my perspective of the world around me.
The award I share today is the Sunshine Blogger Award from rubyangel711.
1. Share 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions that were asked by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Include 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
4. Notify your nominees about this post.
I’ll start with my eleven facts about myself:
- I have finally figured out who Val Kilmer is and am watching The Saint as I write this.
- It’s been a week since my last birthday, a day I spent viewing apartments so I can make my decision to move back to a city a reality.
- Jimmy Fallon has been my favorite comedian since I first watched him on Saturday Night Live over ten years ago; I suppose that makes me a Jimmy Fallon hipster.
- I don’t watch Saturday Night Live regularly anymore, but I absolutely love all the episodes with Justin Timberlake in them. He and Jimmy are so funny together (I’m a hipster here too because I was obsessed with the first episode JT hosted back in the fall of 2003 when I was in eighth grade).
- Along with Justin Timberlake, I have seen my other absolute favorite artists Matchbox Twenty and John Mayer in concert within the last year.
- Part of what I love about the Michael Kors logo is the MK and that it shares the same letters as mine and my boyfriend’s initials.
- I basically have my own Bath & Body Works store in my vanity closet alongside my makeup and endless supply of nail polish. I like to change up my makeup colors and my scent daily.
- Valentine’s Day is just over a month away, and I’m really excited for my favorite holiday to come around again. I need to pick my fantasy celebrity date for my annual Fantasy Celebrity Valentine Day Date Draft.
- Part of what makes me so anxious to return to Kansas City is my all time favorite radio station The Buzz. Driving around with the radio on, I know I am home again.
- 10. I want to visit a place like Dubai to witness a city so new and so upscale.
- 11. My favorite part of the morning is the couple minutes I have to myself sipping my coffee and reading emails. It’s the quiet time to prepare myself for the day.
My answers to rubyangel711’s questions are as follows:
1. My makeup mantra is: “Find the happy medium.”
2. Justin Timberlake is my celebrity icon. Duh.
3. My favorite style of Halloween costume is somewhere between simple outfits made of items in my closet and sparkly princess type ensembles.
4. If I were invited to a cocktail at the last minute, my hair would probably get pulled into a low side ponytail with a chunk hanging in front to look a little styled.
5. It would be hard to choose only one item to bring on a three day vacation, but I might have to choose a lip gloss or balm or some sort so that my lips don’t get dry.
6. Right now I’m a pretty big fan of the new rose gold Michael Kors watch my dad and stepmom got me for my birthday. It’s beautifully classy, just like me.
7. Packing my skincare products for a weekend get away is “easy as one-two-three – cleanse, moistureize, and protect.
8. I wear my hear in its natural texture almost always. I straighten it fairly often, but that’s about all I do that can possibly change the texture.
9. When applying blush, I aim to get a healthy glow for my pale complexion and highlight my high cheekbones if possible.
10. My time-sapping makeup mishap is mascara smudges, which typically result from me hitting my cheek with the wand.
11. My all-time favorite book is Winnie The Pooh by A.A. Milne.
My eleven questions for my nominees are:
- Who is your favorite musical artist?
- What song do you most like to belt out when you’re alone?
- Who is your pick for the Fantasy Celebrity Valentine Day Date Draft? (You merely pick a celebrity you find attractive.).
- Which on-screen characters have the sweetest love story?
- What is your favorite makeup brand?
- What is your favorite scent from Bath & Body Works?
- If you could go to any city right now, where would you go and what would you do first?
- What was the last movie you saw in theaters?
- How do you usually spend your weekends?
- 10. Which social media platform do you favor?
- 11. How do you prefer to relax?
My eleven nominees are: